Friday, September 26, 2008

letter to my younger self

Dear Mandla
Let me start by congratulating you on winning the award for the obtaining the highest marks for one your of the subjects you do and to wish you the best of luck for the up coming final exams. I know that this is the most nerve wrecking time of the year, knowing your abilities I trust that you will do well without any shadow of a doubt. How are your friends especially Thami, I hope that you are not stealing peaches from Madlamini anymore, someday you’ll be caught so you need to be careful.
Varsity is still the same, except that this term has been very tough I haven’t been doing well I am not getting good marks at all, but don’t mention this to Ma, I don’t want her to worry. However, something totally unexpected happened to me something that I have never imagined could happen here. You know the Methodist society that I have been telling you about, where I go to church. There is this girl that I have been overlooking, not noticing at all not that she is unattractive or anything like that its just that she is one of those quite girls that are quite, that come in and go out without saying a thing to anyone. Ok let me break the story down for you. Last week the society went to a provincial conference, delegates were elected by the committee we were both to represent the society there. She was sitting behind on the bus from here to uMthatha. I couldn’t help myself I kept looking behind pretending that I was looking at cars that were behind. To cut the long story short I ended up starting a conversation with her, we got along more than fine although we disagreed on some debates we had on the bus as we were debating some stuff that were to come up in the conference. The conversation progressed to my desired culmination or rather our desired pinnacle. I can’t go to further details since you are still under age but you can use your imagination to draw your conclusions, man!!! this is the best feeling on campus.
I have to go back to my book, that’s after calling her of course. Keep on being the best brother.
Cheers, Mindlos
Xolani

3 comments:

Tut group one said...

Hey there.


I enjoyed reading your post. You have a great relationship with your "younger self" and from reading the post I can tell that nothing much has changed between the younger peach stealing self( or is he your brother?)and the current girl crazy self.

I find it interesting how you still communicate with your blog and updating him on the latest that is happening in your life. I found however that you did not give him much advice on how to deal with the new varsity life.

The commonality between your blog post and mine is that you speak of Methsoc which I view as a support structure and in my blog, I encourage that my younger self make friends and get as much of a support structure as possible.

Good luck with the girl. Keep it safe and Happy Blogging!

Anonymous said...

!

Anonymous said...

I trust the progression "to my desired culmination or rather our desired pinnacle" didn't happen inside the bus but on the roofrack. Seems you have swopped peaches for the fruit of paradise..Someday you'll be caught by the elders so you need to be careful...